Almost four years ago, on Sunday, February the 2nd 2014, The Forum for National Dialogue (FND) announced its formation to the public. The event raised hope and expectations as well as questions. While the FND acknowledges some worthy achievements, it has not effectively capitalized on the public’s generous and unearned good will. It failed to transform itself into a vibrant and vigorous organization with clearly defined structures and procedures that allows members/associates to fully take ownership of the cause.
After many consultations and deliberations, the FND came to the conclusion that the status quo is untenable and a major overhaul of the organization is essential and timely. Towards this goal, it convened a meeting on Friday, October 20, 2017, in Frankfurt, Germany, and restructured itself, expanded the size of its board of directors and put in place mechanisms which would allow her to operate in a more transparent and accountable way. The new restructuring, and, in accordance with the new bylaw adopted on Friday, October 20, 2017, would give the FND the institutional support and impetus it needs towards realizing the objectives to which it was founded.
The new board of directors is made of 25 members reflecting all political persuasions. In its first act of business, the new board of directors has elected its president and a seven-member executive committee. The President of the board of directors is Dr. Assefaw Tekeste.
The Executive Committee is made of the following officers:
- Semere T. Habtemariam, Chief Executive.
- Suleiman Adem Hussien, Vice Chief Executive.
- Moheidin Abubaker Shengeb, Treasurer.
- Gilleway Saeed, Secretary.
- Andebrhan Welde Giorgis, Chairman of the Committee for Dialogue, Diplomacy and Advocacy.
- Yonas Hagos, Chairman of the Committee for Media and Public Relations.
- Adane Ghebremeskel Tekie, Chairman of the Committee for Research and Strategic Studies.
The members of the new board of directors are, in alphabetical order:
- Ahmed Kaisi 14. Mesfin Hagos
- Adhanom Ghbremariam 15. Mohiadin Abubaker
- Andebrhan Welde Giorgis 16. Saba Fessehaye
- Benyam Debesai 17. Salwa Nour
- Mohamed Berhan Blata 18. Semere T. Habtemariam
- Beyan Negash 19.Semere Kesete
- Adane Ghebremeskel Tekie 20. Semhar G/Silassie
- Anghesom Atsbaha 21. Suleiman Hussien
- Assefaw Tekeste 22. Tesfamichael Yohannes
- Herui Tedla Bairu 23. Veronica Almedom
- Hummad Mohammed Kullu 24. Jacob Abraham
- Idris Humed Ibrahim 25. Yonas Hagos
- Jallaway (Gillawey) Saeed